The spicy, smoked and salty mackerel in tomato sauce make this pasta a perfect Palermitano wannabe! You make the sauce, add the fish fillet and dig in to a healthy and tasty pasta dish. The mackerel has a good texture and it’s a little bit sweet. This recipe is from my cooking book SÅ GODT! If you would like to make the pasta even a bit more Sicilian you might exchange the selleri with fennel and add som raisins and pine nuts to the tomato sauce.
- Tomato sauce, as describes in an earlier post
- 1 fillet of peppered smoked mackerel (150 g)
- 200 g pasta
This is how you make peppered smoked mackerel:
- Make the tomato sauce as described here
- Remove the skin from the fillet of mackerel
- Devide the fillet of mackerel in nice pieces. The fish does not need any cooking, just to be warmed in the tomato sauce.
- Make your pasta, and follow my helpful hints to pasta success.
- Mix the undercooked pasta with the tomato sauce and mackerel and let simmer for 2 minutes. The pasta is ready!